Mechanical Fitter & Turner
Join a New Zealand owned-and-operated business. TRS® is a New Zealand owned and operated company specialising in maintenance, repair and replacement services for mechanical and electrical equipment. Due to significant, exciting growth, we have opportunities for a Mechanical Fitter & Turner to join our team nationwide.
As a Mechanical Fitter & Turner, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs of all types of mechanical apparatus and associated electrical equipment, along with carrying out onsite maintenance, repairs, and replacement of components on such equipment.
We are looking to interview candidates who have the following experience:
- Perform mechanical repairs of shafts, housing and associated repairs within the workshop as well as the Mechanical fitting and servicing work on customers’ sites and in the workshop.
- The understanding of the basic function of all types of rotating equipment and machines used in industry.
- Assemble and disassemble such rotating equipment.
- A full understanding of the replacement of bearings and seals in industrial equipment.
- Assessment of the condition of mechanical components and the repair of those components.
- Attending customers’ sites to conduct assessments, maintenance, and repairs.
- Conduct static and dynamic tests to mechanical equipment.
- A willingness to assist in the maintenance and repair of electric motors and generators.
- Relevant trade qualifications or proven experience.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment and machines.
- Experience with onsite maintenance work.
- Dedication to always working in a safe manner.
- Calm and focused demeanor with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
- Flexible and adaptable customer service-focused attitude.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Follow company policy, procedures, and training regimes.
In addition, our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience doing mechanical repairs. A current NZ Driver’s License and forklift license and operating certificate (or ability to gain the latter) is required, along with the ability and willingness to travel by motor vehicle and on commercial flights from time to time.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with the earning potential of $75,000 – $85,000 per annum. In addition to a competitive hourly rate, we offer penal rates (1.5x and 2.0x for overtime), and the following allowances: tool allowance, on-call allowance, overnight allowance.
At Takahuri, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We foster a supportive and collaborative culture that values safety, quality, and excellence in all that we do. Our team members are empowered to take ownership of their work and are given the tools and resources they need to succeed.
We are committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to all our employees, to ensure that they have the skills and knowledge needed to excel in their roles. Our aim is to create a positive, inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking for skilled Mechanical Fitters & Turners who share our commitment to quality and safety. We offer the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across New Zealand, and the chance to work with a talented team of professionals.
In this role, you will be required to travel from time to time to attend customer sites for assessments, maintenance, and repairs. Takahuri will cover all necessary expenses for travel and accommodation, ensuring that our employees are comfortable and well taken care of while on the job.
We believe in fostering a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements, including part-time and contract work, to suit individual needs. At Takahuri, we are committed to creating an environment where our employees can thrive and achieve their full potential.