Motor Rewinder/Armature Winder
Join a New Zealand owned-and-operated business. TRS® (formerly Trind Service Limited) is a New Zealand owned and operated company that specializes in armature and motor rewinding, repair, maintenance, and replacement of electric motors, generators, pumps, transmissions, and other associated plant and equipment. Due to significant, exciting growth, we have opportunities for Motor Rewinder/Armature Winders to join our team nationwide. You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs of all types of electrical apparatus and associated mechanical equipment.
We are looking to interview candidates who have the following experience and can:
- Dismantle, clean, and assess the condition of equipment for repair.
- Clean and prepare equipment for mechanical repair and/or rewind, including stripping of winding coils and insulation materials.
- Replace or repair bearing surfaces, including housings and shaft surfaces as required.
- Replace and/or repair mechanical parts, including replacement of bearings and seals.
- Manufacture or manage the manufacturer of coils to specification.
- Prepare insulation material as applicable.
- Place coils and insulation into the machine as per design and manufacturer instructions.
- Carry out varnish and manage the drying process in the required time frames.
- Thoroughly test coil connections, ensuring the work is aligned to company quality and safety expectations.
- Assemble equipment.
- Test assembled equipment and record test data, again, ensuring quality and safety standards are met.
- Paint and prepare equipment for use as required.
- Complete record data of mechanical repair and winding replacement for service records and invoicing.
- Communicate any additional relevant information to management or directly to the customer as required.
- Relevant trade qualifications or proven experience.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment and machines.
- Experience with onsite maintenance work.
- Dedication to always working in a safe manner.
- Calm and focused demeanor with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and listening.
- Flexible and adaptable customer service-focused attitude.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Follow company policy, procedures, and training regimes.
Along with excellent customer service and communication skills, our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience doing motor and armature rewinds. In addition, a current NZ Driver’s License and forklift license and operating certificate (or ability to gain the latter) is required, along with the ability and willingness to travel by motor vehicle and on commercial flights from time to time.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with the earning potential of $75,000 – $85,000 per annum. In addition to a competitive hourly rate, we offer penal rates (1.5x and 2.0x for overtime) and the following allowances: tool allowance, on-call allowance, overnight allowance. We are also interested in Tradespeople looking for part-time or contract work.