Join a New Zealand owned-and-operated business. TRS® Limited specializes in armature and motor rewinding, repair, maintenance and replacement of electric motors, generators, pumps, transmissions and other associated plant and equipment. Due to significant, exciting growth, we have opportunities for Mechanical Fitters to join our team nationwide.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs of all types of electrical apparatus and associated mechanical equipment, along with carrying out onsite maintenance, repairs, and replacement of components on such equipment. We are looking to interview candidates who have the following experience:
- The understanding of basic function of all types of rotating equipment and machines used in industry.
- Assemble and disassemble such rotating equipment.
- A full understanding of the replacement of bearings and seals in industrial equipment.
- Assessment of the condition of mechanical components and the repair of those components.
- Attending customers’ sites to conduct assessments, maintenance, and repairs.
- Conduct static and dynamic tests to electrical equipment
- A willingness to assist in rewinding electric motors and generators.
- Relevant trade qualifications or proven experience.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment and machines.
- Experience with onsite maintenance work.
- Dedication to always working in a safe manner.
- Calm and focused demeanor with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
- Flexible and adaptable customer service focused attitude.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Follow company policy, procedures, and training regimes.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience doing mechanical repairs, a current NZ Driver’s License, forklift license and operating certificate (or ability to gain the latter), and the ability and willingness to travel by motor vehicle and on commercial flights from time to time.
At TRS®, we offer a supportive work environment that values our employees. We believe in continuous training and development, and we provide ongoing opportunities for our staff to improve their skills and advance their careers. In addition to a competitive hourly rate, we offer penal rates (1.5x and 2.0x for overtime), tool allowance, on-call allowance, and overnight allowance. We are also interested in Tradespeople looking for part-time or contract work.
Join our team and be part of a company that prides itself on quality workmanship and customer service.