WEG Soft Starters
Get a 5 Year Warranty on the WEG Motor and the WEG Starter, if you purchase them together!
SSW07 Soft Starters
Soft-Starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate and protect three-phase induction motors. The control of the voltage applied to the motor by means of adjustments to the firing angle of thyristors allows the soft-starter to start and stop an electric motor smoothly.
The SSW07, with DSP (Digital Signal Processor) control was designed for high performance on motor starts and stops with an excellent cost-benefit ratio. Easy to set up, it simplifies start-up activities and daily operation.
The SSW07 is compact optimizing space in electric panels. It already incorporates electric motor protection. It adapts to customer needs through its easy-to-install optional accessories.
The SSW07 adapts to customer needs through its easy-to-install optional accessories. Thus, a keypad, a communication interface or a motor PTC input can be added to the product.
Note: SSW07 Soft-Starter Series were designed for exclusively industrial or professional use.
- Reduction of mechanical stresses over the coupling and transmission devices (gearboxes, pulleys, gears, conveyors) during the start
- Increases motor and machine mechanical equipment lifetime due to the reduction of mechanical stress
- Easy operation, setup and maintenance
- Simple electrical installation
- Operates in environments up to 55 °C (without current reduction for all models)
- Integral, electronic motor protection
- Kick-Start function for starting high breakaway torque loads
- Reduces Water Hammer in pump applications
- Limitation of voltage drop during start
- Universal voltage (220 to 575 Vac)
- Switched mode power supply with EMC filter for the control electronics (110 to 240 Vac)
- Built-in by-pass providing size reduction and energy saving
- Voltage monitoring of the electronics allows to back-up I x t values (thermal image).